Thursday, March 25, 2010

Michigan's Best - Late Summer/Early Fall

Okay I'm straying from the "four" seasons a little bit here but I couldn't resist. One of my husband and I's favorite hobbies is camping and just plain being outdoors. I didn't feel like it really fit with summer but wasn't completely fall either.

Here in Michigan we have 100 state parks located throughout both the Lower Peninsula and the Upper Peninsula. If you are outdoorsy like we are why not plan a rustic, natural event? It can be very creative and very classy and at the same time why not make it relaxed and casual? Many of these state parks even have locations available for more intimate weddings and receptions.

(images from theknot, google images)

I love the look of using a log slice as a cake stand, birch bark covered vases for your centerpieces and twigs tucked into your bouquet. The little birds on the cake pictured above are just too cute. In 2008 I had a groom who was a logger and they used a lot of log pieces, both under the cakes and even hollowed out as votive holders. Check out more photos from their big day here. The perfect favor for your guests would be the Arbor Day seedlings I posted about here.

No comments: